- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 cups garden-style pasta sauce
- 4 hoagie buns, split
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. meatballs. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown meatballs in batches; drain.
- Place meatballs in a large saucepan. Add the pasta sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Spoon meatballs and sauce onto bun halves; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forOpen-Faced Meatball Sandwiches
"I did not really care for this recipe; but in all fairness I did make a lot of changes. I used ground sirloin instead of turkey and only bought 1 pound. I'm sure based on the other reviews that it would be much better if prepared as written."
"This was really good!"
"my alltime favourite diet recipe,tastes fattening but it is noy."
"my family and I love this recipe, I believe it is one of my sons favorite yet"