Open-Faced Grilled Salmon Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (1 inch thick and 5 ounces each), skin removed
- 3/4 cup mesquite marinade
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices sourdough bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup tartar sauce
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 4 lemon wedges, optional
- Place fillets in an 8-in. square dish. Pour marinade over fillets; turn fish to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain salmon, discarding marinade. Sprinkle salmon with pepper.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- Grill bread, covered, over medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Spread with tartar sauce; top with lettuce and salmon. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 open-faced sandwich: 436 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 1226mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 21, 2014
Nice alternative to salmon served traditionally. I used ciabatta bread rather than sour dough. Simple. A keeper.
Sep 17, 2014
This was soooo good. Way better than I expected. Definitely a keeper! So fast and definitely delicious!