- 4 salmon fillets (1 inch thick and 5 ounces each), skin removed
- 3/4 cup mesquite marinade
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices sourdough bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup tartar sauce
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 4 lemon wedges, optional
- Place fillets in an 8-in. square dish. Pour marinade over fillets; turn fish to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain salmon, discarding marinade. Sprinkle salmon with pepper.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- Grill bread, covered, over medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Spread with tartar sauce; top with lettuce and salmon. If desired, serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forOpen-Faced Grilled Salmon Sandwiches
"Nice alternative to salmon served traditionally. I used ciabatta bread rather than sour dough. Simple. A keeper."
"This was soooo good. Way better than I expected. Definitely a keeper! So fast and definitely delicious!"