Open-Faced Crab Melts
"Over the years, I've seen these versatile sandwiches please guests at occasions from fancy teas to last-minute suppers," writes Florence McClelland, Fredonia, New York. "To serve them as appetizers, I add some chili sauce and a little prepared horseradish to the crab mixture," she notes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 English muffins, split
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Broil English muffins 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, pepper and tarragon; stir in crab. Spread over each muffin half; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 411 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 676mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Open-Faced Crab Melts in Quick Cooking March/April 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.