Open-Faced Chicken Avocado Burgers for Two Recipe
“A creamy avocado spread and thick slices of fresh mozzarella and tomato dress up these chicken patties. They’re wonderful with buttered boiled potatoes or a salad.” —Lisa Hundley, Aberdeen, North Carolina
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 medium ripe avocado, peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 2 slices
- 2 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Chill until serving. For burgers, in a small bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, pesto, garlic and salt. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook burgers in 1 tablespoon oil for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Top with cheese; cover and cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Meanwhile, brush bread with remaining oil; place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- 4. Spread each slice of toast with 2 tablespoons avocado spread (refrigerate remaining spread for another use). Top with arugula, a burger and sliced tomato. Sprinkle with basil and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 724 calories, 55g fat (17g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 849mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Open-Faced Chicken Avocado Burgers for Two
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC