- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium dill pickle, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 8 thin slices
- 8 slices process American cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Place buns cut side up on a baking sheet. Spread tuna mixture evenly over buns; top with tomato. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Top with cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forOpen-Face Tuna Melts
"My Mom made this for me when I was little and I absolutely loved it. I have been looking all over for the recipe, my mom has since passed away. Thanks so much for this recipe, it brings back memories and my 12 year old loves it as much as I did when I was that age."
"This was a llittle bland. I used lowfat mayo though instead of Miracle Whip. That might've made a difference. Seemed like it needed more pickle and onion. I might try it again, but will probably just use my own tuna salad recipe."