Oniony Mushroom Soup
Total TimePrep: Time: 20 min. Cook Time: 18 min.
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) golden mushroom soup
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1-1/3 cups French's® French Fried Onions
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup dry sherry wine
- 4 slices French bread, cut 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Combine mushroom soup, beef broth, 1 cup French Fried Onions, water and sherry. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat broiler. Place bread on a baking sheet. Combine oil and garlic in small bowl. Brush oil over both sides of bread slices. Broil bread until toasted and crisp, turning once.
- Ladle soup into 4 broiler-safe bowls. Place 1 slice of bread in each bowl. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and 1/3 cup onions. Set bowls on baking sheet. Place under broiler about 1 minute or until cheese is melted and onions are golden.
Originally published as Oniony Mushroom Soup in Taste of Home Quick & Easy Spring 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.