Oniony Mushroom Soup
Total TimePrep: Time: 20 min. Cook Time: 18 min.
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) golden mushroom soup
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1-1/3 cups French's® French Fried Onions
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup dry sherry wine
- 4 slices French bread, cut 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Combine mushroom soup, beef broth, 1 cup French Fried Onions, water and sherry. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat broiler. Place bread on a baking sheet. Combine oil and garlic in small bowl. Brush oil over both sides of bread slices. Broil bread until toasted and crisp, turning once.
- Ladle soup into 4 broiler-safe bowls. Place 1 slice of bread in each bowl. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and 1/3 cup onions. Set bowls on baking sheet. Place under broiler about 1 minute or until cheese is melted and onions are golden.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Oniony Mushroom Soup in Taste of Home Quick & Easy Spring 2010