Onion Turkey Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 3 cups water, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, and half of the soup mix. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs in batches until browned on all sides and a thermometer reads 165°; drain. Stir in 2-1/2 cups water and remaining soup mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until juices run clear.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining water until smooth; gradually add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with noodles or rice.
Aug 9, 2013
Good recipe but can use something to give ti a little more taste. Will add some spices next time.
Feb 25, 2013
Easy and yummy! Added a scoop of sour cream for more decadence and stroganoff-ness.
Mar 20, 2009
This is a standby favorite in our house. The whole family likes it and I usually have the ingredients on-hand.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.