- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Cut roast in half. Place pork and water in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Spread butter over meat. Combine the sage, parsley, pepper, garlic, oregano and salt; sprinkle over meat. Top with onion. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. If desired, thicken cooking juices. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Let meat stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forOnion-Topped Herbed Pork Roast
"Made this for supper tonight and it was delicious! pork was very tender and flavorful. It was kind of spicy which I liked but you could cut the spices in half if you wanted it milder. I made gravy from the drippings to go over the meat and mashed potatoes and it was very tasty as well."
"Tender, flavorful, and delicious. Bonus: easy and house smelled great all day! The only change I made was using stock instead of water, which I always do."
"I've got a question: The very first instruction you give is to "Cut roast in half" - is that vertically or horizontally? Perhaps if I knew why, I'd understand it. Please explain. My bet is that most people just ignored it."
"This was okay, but nothing special to anyone in my family."
"This was really moist and we really liked it. I would not put as much spices on the top though, it seemed too much and too strong."
"Wonderful flavor and so tender!"
"The meat was extremely tender and moist however my husband said I need to cut the sage in half next time."
"Enjoy slow cooker recipes like this one, makes my day easier, very tasty."
"I use bone-in for better flavor. This is very rich-yum !"