"I throw together this saucy combination of tender chicken and potatoes when family or friends come to visit," relates Kay Faust of Deerwood, Minnesota. "French-fried onions add golden crunch to the casserole," she notes.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- Place chicken in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Arrange potatoes around chicken. Combine soup and sour cream; spread over chicken and potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Sprinkle with onions; bake 10 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 619 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 852mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Onion-Topped Chicken in Quick Cooking January/February 2001
Jul 19, 2012
Everyone in my family really liked this. It was extremely easy. I used Eastern potatoes and 98% Fat Free soup. The sauce is very good over the potatoes. Definitely a keeper!