"I throw together this saucy combination of tender chicken and potatoes when family or friends come to visit," relates Kay Faust of Deerwood, Minnesota. "French-fried onions add golden crunch to the casserole," she notes.
Recommended: 30-Minute Chicken Breast Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- Place chicken in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Arrange potatoes around chicken. Combine soup and sour cream; spread over chicken and potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Sprinkle with onions; bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Onion-Topped Chicken in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p9
Reviews forOnion-Topped Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review