Onion Salisbury Steak Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beef, salt and pepper; shape into four oval patties. In a large skillet, brown patties on one side. Turn and add onions. Cook until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- 2. Place toast on serving plates. Top each slice with onions and a beef patty; keep warm.
- 3. Stir flour into skillet until blended. Gradually add water; stir in bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Serve with meat and onions. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 297 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1092mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Onion Salisbury Steak
"These were simple to make and had a nice hearty appeal. We both liked them!"
"Yummy, easy, & economical!~ Theresa"
"Fabulous. My husband adores this. You can use less bouillon if it's too strong for you."