- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- In a bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper; shape into four oval patties. In a skillet, brown patties on one side. Turn and add onions. Cook until meat is no longer pink. Place toast on serving plates. Top each with onions and a beef patty; keep warm. Stir flour into skillet until blended. Gradually add water; stir in bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Serve over meat and onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forOnion Salisbury Steak
"These were simple to make and had a nice hearty appeal. We both liked them!"
"Yummy, easy, & economical!~ Theresa"
"Fabulous. My husband adores this. You can use less bouillon if it's too strong for you."