This was always our childrens' favorite. Set your table with china, crystal and cloth napkins, then serve this steak along with baked potatoes, a salad, a vegetable and rolls. —Margaret Grant of Russellville, Arkansas
Recommended: 32 Super Steak Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; brush over both sides of steak. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Onion-Rubbed Flank Steak in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p29
Reviews forOnion-Rubbed Flank Steak
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2010
"Just made this for the second time tonight and it is wonderful! The steak is always tender and flavorful. I don't like rosemary so I just substituted oregano and it came out great."