Onion-Rubbed Flank Steak
This was always our childrens' favorite. Set your table with china, crystal and cloth napkins, then serve this steak along with baked potatoes, a salad, a vegetable and rolls. —Margaret Grant of Russellville, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Broil: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; brush over both sides of steak. Place in a shallow dish; cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Thinly slice across the grain.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 208 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Jul 8, 2010
Just made this for the second time tonight and it is wonderful! The steak is always tender and flavorful. I don't like rosemary so I just substituted oregano and it came out great.