Onion-Rubbed Flank Steak
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Broil: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; brush over both sides of steak. Place in a shallow dish; cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Thinly slice across the grain.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 208 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 8, 2010
Just made this for the second time tonight and it is wonderful! The steak is always tender and flavorful. I don't like rosemary so I just substituted oregano and it came out great.