Stuttgart, Arkansas is the rice capital of America—and I've been there many times. It's a good thing my family enjoys rice as much as I do!—Dorothy Smith, El Dorado, Arkansas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Combine all ingredients in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Microwave at 50% power for 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Onion Rice Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p253