Onion Peppered Roughy
My family is Polish and it's custom to serve "meatless" meal on Christmas Eve. So I Tried this fish a few years ago. My family loved it. It's easy to make and very elegant, too.-Elizabeth Harrer of Lockport, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 orange roughy or whitefish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup each julienned sweet red, yellow and green pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Paprika, optional
- Pat fish fillets dry with paper towels; place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle fish with 1 tablespoon butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute sweet peppers and onion in remaining butter until almost tender. Dollop fish with sour cream; top with vegetable mixture. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.