Onion Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1. Cut three 20-in. x 3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a 3-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oats, ketchup and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf. Place loaf in the center of the strips. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Using foil strips as handles, remove meat loaf to a platter. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Onion Meat Loaf
"I have made it in the crock pot and in the over, my family loved it."
"This meat loaf was second only to my grandmother's recipe. It was delicious and moist and it was nice to have the oven free for other dishes."
"First time I have ever written a review, yet I use recipes off this web site all the time. Had to rate this one. It was great! Also added 1/2 cup of water and used beef onion soup mix instead of regular onion soup mix. Used my oven at 350 degrees for one hour instead of the slow cooker. Best meatloaf I have ever made and so easy."