- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ketchup, oats and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into a round loaf.
- Cut three 20-in. x 3-in. strips of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Crisscross the strips so they resemble the spokes of a wheel. Place meat loaf in the center of the strips; pull the strips up and bend the edges to form handles. Grasp the foil handles to transfer loaf to a 3-qt. slow cooker. (Leave the foil in while meat loaf cooks.)
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Using foil strips, left meat loaf out of slow cooker. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forOnion Meat Loaf
"I have made it in the crock pot and in the over, my family loved it."
"This meat loaf was second only to my grandmother's recipe. It was delicious and moist and it was nice to have the oven free for other dishes."
"First time I have ever written a review, yet I use recipes off this web site all the time. Had to rate this one. It was great! Also added 1/2 cup of water and used beef onion soup mix instead of regular onion soup mix. Used my oven at 350 degrees for one hour instead of the slow cooker. Best meatloaf I have ever made and so easy."