Onion Loose-Meat Sandwiches Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 6 to 8 hamburger buns, split
- Sliced cheddar cheese and dill pickles, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Spoon onto buns; top with cheese and pickles if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
For even more onion flavor, add 1/2 cup chopped onion to the filling of Onion-Loose-Meat Sandwiches.
1 each: 253 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 526mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.