Onion-Herb Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat. Stir in the onion, broth, tarragon and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In another skillet, brown chops over medium heat in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Spoon half of the onion mixture into a baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with pork and remaining onion mixture. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over top.
- Melt remaining butter; drizzle over crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 413 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 639mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 22, 2016
I doubled this and made four chops. Easy enough to prepare. I found there was too much of the crumb mixture. I might experiment with different herb combinations in the future.
Oct 22, 2015
Loved this! Was short on time and didn't have bread crumbs handy, so I skipped them and just sprinkled the chops with parmesan. A delicious change from the mushroom soup-topped pork or the sweet pork recipes.
Jan 10, 2015
This is so yummy and my apartment smelled so good while the onion mixture was simmering. I was out of Parmesan cheese, so I used crumbled feta. I loved this! Next time I'll make it with the Parm but will make it again with the feta, too!!
Aug 28, 2013
I gave it a big YES! Very tasty and portions good for 2.