Onion Herb Biscuits Recipe
These fluffy well-seasoned biscuits make a pleasant accompaniment to almost any meal.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. Combine the flour, baking powder, thyme, savory, salt, baking soda and pepper. Combine sour cream and oil. With a fork, stir sour cream mixture into dry ingredients just until blended and mixture holds together. Stir in green onions. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; gently knead three or four times. Roll dough to 3/4 in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2 in. biscuit cutter.
- 2. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheet. Brush lightly with butter. Bake at 400° for 14-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 144 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Onion Herb Biscuits
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC