Onion Cheese Custard Bread Recipe
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1. In a skillet, saute onion in oil until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Set aside to cool. In a bowl, combine buttermilk and egg. Stir in biscuit mix, onion and 1/2 cup cheese. Pour into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Sprinkle with poppy seeds and remaining cheese. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 219 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 454mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Onion Cheese Custard Bread
"I added a pack of onion soup mix to the batter- oh so good! I used reduced calorie Bisquick and reduced fat cheese. Came out awesonme!!!!"