Onion Cheese Custard Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Set aside to cool. In a large bowl, combine buttermilk and egg. Stir in the biscuit mix, onion and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Sprinkle with poppy seeds and remaining cheese. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 219 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 454mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 3, 2019
Love this recipe , it taste delious!
May 16, 2016
I added a pack of onion soup mix to the batter- oh so good! I used reduced calorie Bisquick and reduced fat cheese. Came out awesonme!!!!