- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Set aside to cool. In a large bowl, combine buttermilk and egg. Stir in the biscuit mix, onion and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Sprinkle with poppy seeds and remaining cheese. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forOnion Cheese Custard Bread
"I added a pack of onion soup mix to the batter- oh so good! I used reduced calorie Bisquick and reduced fat cheese. Came out awesonme!!!!"