Onion Cheese Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 teaspoons dried parsley flakes, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Place biscuit mix in a bowl. Combine eggs and milk; stir into biscuit mix just until combined. Stir in the onion, 1 cup of cheese and 4 teaspoons of parsley. Spread the batter into two greased 8-in. round baking pans. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and parsley. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and top of bread is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 175 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 13, 2014
I only made half the recipe. it was easy to divide and turned out great. The bread is moist and tasty. I made it to serve with chile. Not only did I enjoy it but my 12 and 13 year old grandsons also liked the bread. This recipe is a keeper.
Jan 5, 2010
Divided this recipe in 1/2 and baked 1 w/o onions and 1 with 1/2 the onions sauteed. It was good but prefer the one w/o the onions.