Onion Cheese Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 teaspoons dried parsley flakes, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Place biscuit mix in a bowl. Combine eggs and milk; stir into biscuit mix just until combined. Stir in the onion, 1 cup of cheese and 4 teaspoons of parsley. Spread the batter into two greased 8-in. round baking pans. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and parsley. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and top of bread is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 175 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 13, 2014
I only made half the recipe. it was easy to divide and turned out great. The bread is moist and tasty. I made it to serve with chile. Not only did I enjoy it but my 12 and 13 year old grandsons also liked the bread. This recipe is a keeper.
Jan 5, 2010
Divided this recipe in 1/2 and baked 1 w/o onions and 1 with 1/2 the onions sauteed. It was good but prefer the one w/o the onions.