- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 teaspoons dried parsley flakes, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Place biscuit mix in a bowl. Combine eggs and milk; stir into biscuit mix just until combined. Stir in the onion, 1 cup of cheese and 4 teaspoons of parsley. Spread the batter into two greased 8-in. round baking pans. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and parsley. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and top of bread is lightly browned. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forOnion Cheese Bread
"Divided this recipe in 1/2 and baked 1 w/o onions and 1 with 1/2 the onions sauteed. It was good but prefer the one w/o the onions."