Onion Brie Pizza
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + standing
- 6 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed, and cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- In a large skillet, cook onions in butter over medium-low heat for 25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare roll mix according to package directions, using the warm water and oil. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Roll out dough to a 14-in. circle; transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Top with onions, Brie and almonds. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 448 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.
Jul 30, 2018
This was delicious and different. I made it for dinner for my sister and myself with an arugula salad on the side. The only changes I made were to increase the Brie to 12 oz, as they did not have the 8 oz size at my store, and you can't have too much Brie anyhow; and to increase the sliced almonds to 1/2 cup which again was the package size. YUM! Definitely a keeper!
Aug 25, 2015
I've made mini version of this with frozen roll dough! This is so yummy. I love the combo of flavors!
Feb 13, 2013
Fabulous!!! I have made this with pizza dough crust and with a pack of biscuit dough for crust, both were great. I like that the onions are caramelized in butter, without sugar!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.