- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed, softened
- 1 to 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- In a large skillet, cook the onions, butter, brown sugar and vinegar over medium-low heat until onions are golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove with a slotted spoon; cool to room temperature.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into an 11x8-in. rectangle. Cut Brie into thin slices; distribute evenly over pastry. Cover with the onions; sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Roll up one long side to the middle of the dough; roll up the other side so the two rolls meet in the center. Using a serrated knife, cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and water; brush over slices. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forOnion Brie Appetizers
"my sister makes them, very good"
"I have made this recipe countless times - it is always a hit."
"Excellent. So easy to make and can be frozen. Any ingredient can be used with the onions. Making them today with Gouda!!"
"These were delicious and easy to make. I thought it wasn't enough ingredients but once they are rolled up it really is the perfect amount. I will make these again and try different ingredients like cheddar and bacon maybe. Or swiss and mushrooms endless possibilities."