Onion Beef Stroganoff
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds eye of round steak, cut into strips
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef in oil until no longer pink. Stir in soup mix, potato soup, milk and mushrooms. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve over ice or noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 236 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 963mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 16, 2011
This was excellent. I did make a couple substitutions. I used stew meat instead of eye of round because I liked the flavor better. and I used half and half creamer in plae of the regular milk. It made it very creamy. I've made it twice in 2 weeks it was so good.
Mar 14, 2010
It's a quick, easy, one pan meal and the potato soup gives it added flavor and texture. I used fresh mushrooms and it was delicious.