Onion Beef Fettuccine
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 8 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, saute onions in butter for 10-15 minutes or until caramelized. Remove onions with a slotted spoon.
- In the same skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Return onions to skillet.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt, pepper and cumin. Gradually stir in the broth until smooth. Add to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Place fettuccine in a greased 4-qt. baking dish. Top with beef mixture. Combine cheeses; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 337 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 727mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 20, 2010
It was good,but is the recipe right ? The sauce was thin, I had to add corn starch to thicken it,still watery sauce.Next time I will only use one can of beef broth.