Onion-Basil Grilled Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 3 medium ears fresh corn, cut into 3 pieces
- 1 pound medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Toss to coat. Place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.). Dot with butter. Fold foil around vegetable mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning once.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 164 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 453mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Mar 25, 2016
Our potatoes and carrots took a long time to finish cooking. We had this on the grill for at least 40 minutes. Also, the flavor was a bit off to us. There is another recipe on TOH that we like better than this one. It's similar but adds in a few things, including soy sauce. This one's not bad, it's just not our favorite. Next time we'll stick with the other recipe.
Nov 15, 2012
I love vegetables but never thought of making them this way, made them tonight and they are excellent, thanks for the recipe!!!
May 30, 2012
The whole family (even toddlers) enjoyed this! Yum! I omitted the peppers and used brussell sprouts. There were no left overs.
Aug 10, 2011
Excellent! I used carrots sliced into thin strips instead of baby carrots.
Jun 20, 2009
I have been using this recipe for a long time and love it. I vary the vegetables and the seasonings sometimes. Easy and favorite of the family's.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.