Onion Au Gratin
Even if you’re not an onion-lover, you’ll like this simple side-dish casserole. With just 10 minutes of prep, it's easy to whip up. Carol Slocum from Mechanicville, New York shares the recipe.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 2/3 cup condensed broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine onion and soup. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the stuffing mix, water and butter. Let stand for 5 minutes. Spoon over onion.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until onion is tender and stuffing is browned.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 179 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Baked Onion Augraton in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008