Onion-Apricot Pork Chops
Dressed up with a glossy sauce, these tender chops from Phyllis Schmalz of Kansas City, Kansas are ready in a half hour!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and apricots. Combine the broth, marmalade, ginger, garlic and nutmeg; pour into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- Remove chops and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over pork chops.