VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and apricots. Combine the broth, marmalade, ginger, garlic and nutmeg; pour into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- Remove chops and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Onion-Apricot Pork Chops in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p9
Reviews forOnion-Apricot Pork Chops
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 15, 2012
"This was ok but not great, I really didn't care for the flavor much."