- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Sprinkle chops with garlic salt and lemon pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute apple and onion in drippings until tender. Stir in broth and syrup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated. Return chops to pan.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forOnion-Apple Pork Chops
"The entire family lived these. Tender and juicy! The apples gave it a nice flavor. I didn't know how it would taste with the onions, but it worked out great."
"It was good but it did lack flavor. Not sure how I would flavor it up - but I would love to make it again. pork chops were very tender!"
"Great new recipe to add to my favorites."
"It was good but lacked a little flavor, yes I would fix it again with a few alterations."