Onion and Potato Turkey Meat Loaf
"I created the recipe for this delicious meat loaf one evening when I was hurrying to start dinner and had just a few ingredients on hand," says Tamie Foley, Thousand Oaks, California. "My family enjoys it with carrots and new potatoes."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 small potato, finely shredded
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first six ingredients. Stir in onion, potato and red pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into a 12x4-in. loaf in a foil-lined 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 200 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 409mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as Turkey Meat Loaf in Taste of Home June/July 2001
Sep 19, 2014
So flavorful! I skipped the onion because I didn't have one on hand.
Apr 22, 2010
I dont like very ketchupy (not sure thats a word) tasting meatloaf. This was the perfect blend of goodness.