Onion Almond Rounds
Onion lovers will rejoice when they taste this appetizer! Along with their robust flavor, these little rounds can be prepared ahead of time and then popped in the oven shortly before guests arrive. —Edna Coburn, field editor Tucson, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 loaf (24 ounces) sliced sandwich bread
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon lemon-herb seasoning
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 28 roasted salted almonds
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown; set aside. With a 2-in. round biscuit cutter, cut 28 circles from bread slices; place on two baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 5-8 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, chopped almonds, Worcestershire sauce and herb seasoning. Spread 1 rounded teaspoonful over each bread round.
- Top each with onions and about 1/4 teaspoon mayonnaise. Sprinkle with paprika; top each with an almond.
- Bake at 350° for 5-8 minutes or until heated through.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Hearty White Bread.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 277 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.