Bake a dozen of these oniony, herby biscuits for a little something new in the holiday bread basket. They're also awesome with a bowl of chili, soup or stew. —L. Dorow, Fairmont, MN
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, thyme and onion mixture; make a well in center. Pour milk into well; stir just until moistened. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Onion & Garlic Biscuits in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016