- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 package (7 ounces) ready-cut spaghetti
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in uncooked spaghetti and the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the spaghetti is tender. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and heat until melted.
1 each: 373 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 894mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Nov 17, 2019My kids love this recipe!
Oct 9, 2019Up
Jun 26, 2015
This has been a kid-friendly dish at my house over the years since it was first published. There are very few foods that all five kids like and this is one of them. My oldest called it "paskezzi" as a child. I have always broken regular spaghetti noodles into smaller pieces in place of the ready-cut spaghetti. I also only use half of an onion. This is a great recipe if you are looking for a one pot dish.
Aug 27, 2013
This is an awesome meal. I have made it many times and everyone loves it. I can't find ready-cut spaghetti anymore, so I use elbow macaroni and it works fine.
Feb 14, 2013
We have made this recipe frequently since it was published in TOH 15 years ago. We loved it, and it has been a family favorite ever since!
Feb 11, 2012
This was super easy to make. Yes, it is a little bland as the other reviews stated, so I upped the seasonings. I will make this again.
Jan 30, 2010
Love this recipe, it is super easy and my family eats it all up! Delicious!
Jan 13, 2010
I gave this recipe three stars becasue it was edible however we did have to red pepper flakes before doing so because the flavor was just really bland. I will not make this again. Sorry.
Apr 5, 2009
Yummy! Used chunked-up stewed tomatoes. I don't know what ready-cut spaghetti is, I used the regular stuff and I recommend you break it into 3" pieces before adding to the pan, otherwise it's hard to stir everything. My husband likes this better than "regular" spaghetti, I add about 1/4 tsp ground red pepper to spice it up for him.