One-Skillet Pork ‘n’ Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup diced roasted sweet red peppers
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the potatoes, onion and oregano for 6-8 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Stir in broth and red peppers; bring to a boil.
- Top with pork chops. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and a thermometer reads 160°, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 293 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Pork with Roasted Peppers & Potatoes in The Taste of Home Cookbook 3rd Edition--Bonus 30-Minute Light