- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 3 medium red potatoes, cut into small wedges
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices, or 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- Cracked black pepper and chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Brown pork chops on both sides; remove from pan, reserving drippings.
- In same pan, sauté vegetables in drippings until lightly browned. Whisk together soup and water; stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, just until vegetables are tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Add chops; cook, covered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with pepper and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forOne-Skillet Pork Chop Supper
"That's what I get for following a reviewer's suggestion. I followed the recipe except for substituting the cream of mushroom soup with golden mushroom soup and served it over white rice. It wasn't inedible, just not to my taste. The family ate it, didn't rave about it, and didn't seek out the leftovers which were tossed. I won't try making it again, even using cream of mushroom soup. It just wasn't very good."
"I made this for supper last night. My wife is somewhat hard to please when it comes to my cooking. We both really liked this dish and I found it easy to prepare and hard to mess up. I had to add a little extra water toward the end of cooking the potatoes carrots. Next time I will cut the spuds into smaller pieces."
"I made this for dinner tonight, delicious!!!"
"Great, simple for any night you are just tired. Tried it again with Golden Mushroom soup for a totally different taste. smash potatoes to put sauce on them or omit potatoes & serve with rice, makes a great gravy."
"the whole family loves this recipe"
"Good and simple"
"A REAL QUICKY WITH INGREDIENTS RIGHT IN HOME"
"Nothing wrong with recipe. Just doesn't have much flavor"