One-Skillet Creole Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides in batches. Set aside and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the onions, green pepper and yellow pepper until tender.
- Return pork chops to the skillet. Combine the soup, water, Creole seasoning, pepper and salt; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Serve immediately with rice if desired, or cool before placing in a freezer container. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen pork chops: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place in a skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 221 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 412mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 8, 2011
I enjoyed this recipe. The sauce is delicious and the only thing I would change is make more of the sauce. We couldn't get enough of it for our rice.
Feb 3, 2011
My son is a very picky eater and he just loves these pork chops. Luckily, so does everyone else in the house!