- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 medium green peppers, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook and crumble beef with green peppers and garlic over medium-high heat until no longer pink and peppers are tender, 5-7 minutes; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, water, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons cheese and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with additional cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forOne-Pot Stuffed Pepper Dinner
"This is a wonderful recipe. I will definitely make these again. I followed the recipe except used a variety of pepper colors. Sooo good."
"This was one of the worst recipes I have ever tried! Sorry! But I ended up throwing the whole pot out. What a waste of food but I just couldn't eat it!"
"When people said quick they weren't kidding! I LOVED the flavor too. Did exactly as written and I will be making this often. Yes, it is a keeper for sure!"
"Definitely a keeper! Very easy to put together and delicious!"
"So delicious and quick to put together. With fresh peppers in the garden, this was a winner on our table! Will make again!"
"Made this last nite. Only thing I did different was I had left over cooked rice from another meal. Will deffinetly make again!"
"Very tasty recipe. I also thought the green peppers needed additional cooking as I like them more tender. The consistency seemed a little soupy, so I added an additional 1/2 cup of rice and it was perfect. Much easier than stuffing peppers and same great taste!"