One-Pot Pork Chops
"Years ago, one of my teenage daughters saw this recipe in a magazine and wanted to try it," recalls Doris Shoemaker of Dakota, Illinois. "It became a family favorite." TIP: "Serve it with bread and a lettuce salad, she says.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 small potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- Coat pork chops with flour. In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides. Add potatoes and carrots. In a small bowl, combine the water, Worcestershire sauce, salt and oregano; pour over pork and vegetables. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir in the soup; cover and simmer 10-15 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 521 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 852mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 7g fiber), 37g protein.
Originally published as One-Pot Supper in Quick Cooking July/August 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.