One day when I wasn't the mood to cook, I threw some things together, put the casserole in a pan and baked it. To my surprise—and my family's delight—my experiment was a success!—Mary Alberts, Fremont, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 medium potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through.
Liquid smoke adds a distinctive hickory-smoke barbecue flavor to foods. If you don't care for the taste, you can omit it in One-Pot Casserole without affecting the flavor.