- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in remaining ingredients to form a wet dough; transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover; let stand in a warm place 1 hour.
- Stir down dough. Cover; let stand 1 hour. Preheat oven to 425°.
- Bake 20 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°. Bake until top is golden brown and a thermometer reads 210°, about 20 minutes.
- Remove bread from baking dish to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews forOne-Dish No-Knead Bread
"This is very easy to make and I love the way it tastes. My only complaint is that it crumbles very easily and so it was a challenge to slice it and use it for grilled cheese. It tastes so good though that I'll be making it again anyway.I did decrease the sugar to one tablespoon because one review said the bread was slightly sweet and I didn't want a bread that tasted sweet at all."
"This was super easy to make and delicious. The sodium content was high for my taste and needs, so I decreased the salt by a quarter of a teaspoon and baked it in a loaf pan without any issues."
"This is definitely an easy recipe to make. I really liked it. I would add a bit more salt next time I make it."
"Tasty but it needed a little more salt. I don't think you could find an easier bread recipe. A great one to do with the kids. Janet VFE"
"It certainly doesn't get any easier than this. Even a child could make it. I sprinkled the top with Everything Bagel seasoning and brushed the top with a bit of butter when it came out of the oven. I was surprised how good it actually tasted. I lined a large bread pan with parchment paper after reading some other reviews that it stuck in the pan. It didn't raise much in the oven after the 2nd rising. Will be making this again for sure.I'm a volunteer field editor :-)"
"I was finally able to make the No Knead bread today, and it was the easiest bread I have ever made. We love the crispy/chewy crust, and the airy texture of the bread. It has an amazing taste as if I had spent all day making it. I will definitely be making this weekly. I used a greased cheesecake pan with a removable bottom and the bread slipped out easily. Thank you Heather for this recipe."