One-Dish Bratwurst Dinner
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 2 uncooked bratwurst links
- 1 small apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- In a large skillet, cook brats over medium heat until browned; drain.
- Add the apple, onion and sweet potato; pour cider over the top. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until brats are cooked and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 398 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 730mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 30, 2009
Using Johnsonville brats, a Vidalia onion, a tart green apple, sweet potato(not a yam), and freshly pressed apple juice was the ultimate waste of good food. My wife took one bite and threw it out and all I could eat was the brat, which was too apple flavored. This is not a good recipe, period.