One Dish Beef Dinner Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Remove from the heat. Add eggs; mix well. In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer 1 cup corn and half of the meat mixture and tomato. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
To dot a casserole with butter, cut small pieces from a stick of butter and drop onto the meat and vegetable mixture.
1 each: 431 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 576mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein.