On-The-Go Snack Mix
“Since there’s no baking required, this is really simple to make. Plus, it’s also healthy and tasty. If you want a snack that delivers protein and a few vitamins and minerals, this will do it.” —Leah M. Firestone, Scottdale, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup lightly salted cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup fat-free miniature pretzels
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- 1/4 cup dried banana chips
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 217 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Snack-To-Go in Healthy Cooking October/November 2010
May 10, 2015
Every time I make this, I triple the batch! It goes great in lunches or for snacks!
Sep 24, 2012
I have made this a couple times and have had many compliments on it every time.